Friday, July 29, 2011

OpenOffice Writer -How to Remove Page Number only from Cover Page


Today morning i want to create Word Document.Normally write word document I am using Open Office Writer.In that Report I want to have page Number.But Then Cover Page should be with out page Number.In this situation i used the page Number as footer value.

As a developer,I want to share this information with other.Because I feel writing this information will help some one in the world in a some day in the future.

How I insert Page Number

Insert -> Footer-> Default
Insert -> Field -> PageNumber

Then the page Number is apply to all the pages including cover page.

How I remove Cover Page Page Number

select the cover page (start the curser with bottom of page and ended beginning of the page)
right click and select Pharagraph
Then you get a pop up window,which is mention on the image.

Break section
tick on insert
Type as Page
Position as Before
With Page Style as First Page
Page Number 0

Then you will see cover page Page Number disappear.

No comments: